All of our gimbals are shipped out with the latest firmware so you do not need to perform a firmware update upon receiving your new gimbal. We ensure to inform all of our customers via e-mail when a new firmware update is available. In fact, we alway encourage our customers to check the current firmware before updating it as there are times when the gimbals shipped out actually have a more updated firmware than what is available on our website. This would mean you are downgrading the firmware. Overall, we are generally pretty good at keeping the firmware on our website up to date. Each product has its individualized sections where we list its individualized firmware.
Here is how you can check the current firmware on your SS:
1. Go to our website evogimbals.com.
2. Hover over the tab titled "Support" and click on Software & Manuals.
3.Scroll down to the EVO SS section and download the correct Driver (Windows or Mac) and fully install by opening up the driver in your downloads file and following the automatic installation steps.
4. Proceed to downloading our Calibration Tool (Windows or Mac) under driver.
5. Connect your gimbal to the computer, while it's turned on (standby mode will do), with the included USB cable. You should see something similar to the image below (Mac users).
6. Press the "Open" button on the top left corner of the tool. The name of your product, in this case the SS, will automatically show up in the white box in the top right corner next to the word "Product:".
7. Click on the tab titled "Firmware Upgrade" and select the "Upgrade" button on the bottom of the page (refer to image below).
The section titled "Device Info:" will automatically generate 1 to 3 lines of information.
The last line and the number under the "Firmware" section will be the latest firmware (1.51 in this case). If the firmware is lower than the latest firmware on our website, please proceed to upgrading (upgrading instructions below). Otherwise, you are all set.
Here is how you can upgrade the firmware on your EVO SS:
1. Go to the Software & Manuals page and download the latest firmware for the SS which will be located under the image of the SS (scroll down the page).
2. Go to the Calibration Tool and click "Browse".
Simply search for and select the recently downloaded firmware file (most likely will be under your Downloads) and click the "Upgrade" button on the bottom of the page once again. It will take a minute or two for the firmware to upgrade and you may need to fully turn off your gimbal and turn back on for the firmware to set.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you experience any issues with this process.
Looks like images shown are from previous version of app.
On OS X 10.13.3 I can't get my Evo SS to appear as a device to select from in the top right of the tool.
This is after installing the driver. It is listed as connected under System Report -> USB devices.
@Vincent The images are not from the APP, but from the calibration tool for the computer.
@ George Is the button on the left top corner "open" greyed out? You will need to click open in order for the top right corner to display "SS". Also, try using a different USB cable as perhaps you are using an only for charging cable. Feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if that does't fix your issue.
I just bought the SS, I have the same issue the "open" is greyed out and I've tried on all of my USB. The computer recognized the input, but nothing happen.
I'm having the same issue as Sak and George with my GP-Pro. I've installed the driver, but the calibration tool will not find my gimbal, even though I can see it as a mounted USB device. The "Open" button and dropdown selector next to it are both disabled. Mac OS 10.13.6, Calibration tool v. 1.3. I've also tried several different usb cables.
@Peter Did you ensure to download the correct USB Driver? That is what allows the Calibration Tool to recognize the gimbal. In addition, try using a different usb cable as sometimes the cables will charge but not transfer data.
What is the difference between the smartphone app and the computer pc tool? What can I do with the computer pc tool that I can't do with the smartphone app?
What app should I be using to calibrate and/or do a motor calibration on an EVO SS Gimbal?
Please sign in to leave a comment.