Our gimbals are powered by the same core architecture as our technology partner’s app “ZY Play” by Zhiyun. At this time you can use the ZY Play app with our gimbals.
1. Bluetooth Icon You can connect your gimbal to the app by clicking "connect to device" from the start up of the app, but you can also connect and disconnect by clicking this icon. When the bluetooth icon is blue that indicates the gimbal is connected to the APP and if the icon is white that indicates the gimbal is disconnected.
2. Object Tracking Object tracking or recognition allows you to track a moving object. You will want to press this icon in order to drag and trace a rectangle over the object you are wanting to track. Please click here for more information on getting the most out of this feature.
3. Gimbal Icon "PTZ" You have three sub settings under this icon:
- Scene Mode This feature allows you to adjust the reaction speed of the gimbal. By default it will be set to "walking" so you will want to change to "motion" to speed up the gimbal. Please read the article "Scene Mode" for more details on this feature.
- Application Mode You can turn your camera off under this section if you will be using the app for remote control. This mode would be more suited for our non smartphone gimbals. Please click here for more details.
- Joystick The joystick feature allows you to control the gimbal from your phone. You can switch between modes (Pan Follow, Lock, Full Follow) and control pan and tilt.
4. Camera Icon
- Resolution You can adjust the resolution of your photo and video. Does not apply to panoramic images.
- White Balance As the name implies you can adjust the white balance which is automatically set to "auto", but you can select other options based on your lighting situation.
- Manual Mode This feature only applies if you are using the SP-PRO Gen. 2. You will want to select "Open" to activate this feature. In conjunction with function button on the side of the unit, this will allow you to do two things. First, you can hold it down to switch between the front and back facing camera. Second, you use it to click between the different camera features ( ISO, AF, AE, etc) and adjust with the scroll wheel. One thing to keep in mind will be that the scroll wheel does allow you to zoom when manual mode is "closed" only.
- Grid Turn grid on and select the grid style desired.
- Flash Turn flash on and select the flash style desired.
- Image Stabilization Digital image stabilization
5. Video/Photo Icon You will get different sub settings under this icon depending if you have the the app set to video or photo (numbers 13/14 in image above).
- Default Selection to record a standard video.
- Slow Motion Selection to record a slow motion video. Speed cannot be adjusted.
- Time Lapse Selection to record a time lapse (sped up) video. Speed cannot be adjusted.
- Moving Time Lapse Selection to record a moving high speed video. Click here for more details.
-Single You have the option of taking a photo untimed or timed with 2,5, or 10 seconds; as well as a HDR photo which stands for High Dynamic Range. HDR is essentially a way of processing photos that allows for a wider and deeper range of colors.
-Panoramic You can take a 180 or 360 degree panoramic image. Your third option (icon) under panoramic is the 3x3 feature. Please click here for further guidance on using this feature.
6. Settings Icon
- Camera/Advance On most phones will allow you to adjust Video/Photo resolution. This can also be adjusted under the Camera Icon > Resolution.
- Calibration There are two sub-settings within this feature. You have "motor calibration" and "six point calibration". Please read "Motor Calibration" and "Six Point Calibration" articles for more details.
Follow Rate/Smooth Degree: When you adjust one of these features you will want to adjust the other. Under these features you can Increase or decrease the speed at which the gimbal reacts and follows at any of the axis.
Control Rate: Sensitivity of Joystick
Dead Zone: This feature is essential the handle sensitivity. The axis won't begin to follow until a specific degree of wrist turn.
Reverse Control: This feature is only for Pan and Tilt axis and it inverses the joystick. In other words, you can set it to where the gimbal reacts the opposite of where you direct the joystick. For instance, if you move the joystick right the gimbal turns left and vice versa.
If you are not familiar with these settings, we strongly suggest sticking to adjusting the speed of the gimbal under "scene mode".
- General Device Information (name, model, firmware).
- Live Coming Soon
7. Flash Status This icon will allow you to see the flash setting you have selected under the "camera icon".
8. Gimbal's Power Represents the gimbal's battery power only. NOT your phone's battery power. This icon will only show while your phone is horizontal. While viewing the app in portrait/vertical mode, the icon will not appear.
9. Gallery While using the app all your footage (videos/photos) will be saved inside the app. Click the gallery icon in order to view it. If you have an iPhone, you will need to save from app to your phone from this icon. If you have an Android, you can still view your footage here, but it will also automatically save to your phone; as long as you have granted the app full permissions.
10. POV Switch Use this icon to switch between front facing camera to the back facing camera for selfie mode.
11. Record You can start/stop your recording and capture photos using this button.
12/13 Video/Photo Switch between video and photo be pressing on the desired icon.
14. Home Return to app home page.
*Some additional features such as "image stabilization, slow motion or long exposure" will not apply depending on the type of phone. We do not have a set list for this due to the wide variety of smartphones.
Please sign in to leave a comment.